Keep grounds of facility and other recreational areas cleaned and maintained. Repair buildings, facilities, and equipment.
- Maintain sprinkler systems, perform routine plumbing and carpentry work.
- Mow and edge grass; plant, fertilize, and water trees, flowers, and grass; and clean park grounds by picking up trash.
- Perform preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
- Perform related duties as required.
Completion of a high school diploma or the equivalent with an additional one year of experience in grounds keeping or maintenance work; or any combination of relevant education and experience that meets the abilities and requirements in the following sections.
A Valid Driver's License is Required.
- The tools, equipment, materials, and methods used in park maintenance.
- The methods involved in routine plumbing, carpentry, and concrete construction work.
- The methods involved in construction of turf areas.
- Read, write, and comprehend daily instructions.
- Perform basic plumbing, carpentry, painting, and gardening tasks.
- Operate heavy equipment skillfully and safely.
- Perform maintenance and service work on trucks and heavy equipment.
- Make field repairs.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Continuously stand and walk during the shift.
- Occasionally climb ladders, stairs, poles, scaffolding, and other inclined surfaces.
- Frequently bend and kneel.
- Continuously lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
- Occasionally push and pull objects.
- Occasionally flex upper trunk forward at the waist and partially at the knees.
- Occasionally rotate upper trunk to the right or left while sitting or standing.
- Frequently reach above, at, or below shoulder height.
- Coordinate eye, hand and foot movement in order to operate a vehicle.
- Frequent changes in tasks
- Irregular work hours / schedule
- Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions, both day and night.
- Some exposure to hazardous chemicals/fuels
- High noise level exposure is frequent