Job Summary: Responsibilities include keeping grounds of facility and other recreational areas cleaned and maintained. Repair buildings, facilities, and equipment as needed for both indoor and outdoor attractions.
Activities and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Carry out regular inspection of the facilities to ensure they are fully operational
· Checking and maintaining electrical units
· Perform periodic maintenance and routine calibration of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems
· Maintain sprinkler systems, perform routine plumbing and carpentry work.
· Mow and edge grass; plant, fertilize, and water trees, flowers, and grass; and clean park grounds by picking up trash.
· Perform preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
· Perform related duties as required.
· Read, write, and comprehend daily instructions.
· Perform basic plumbing, carpentry, painting, and gardening tasks.
· Operate heavy equipment skillfully and safely.
· Perform maintenance and service work on heavy equipment.
· Make field repairs.
· Recording daily maintenance activity
· Develop and implement procedures for effective property maintenance
Physical Abilities Required:
· Occasionally climb ladders, stairs, poles, scaffolding, and other inclined surfaces.
· Frequently bend and kneel.
· Continuously lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
· Frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
· Occasionally lift and carry up to 100 pounds.
· Occasionally push and pull objects.
· Occasionally flex upper trunk forward at the waist and partially at the knees.
· Occasionally rotate upper trunk to the right or left while sitting or standing.
· Frequently reach above, at, or below shoulder height.
· Coordinate eye, hand and foot movement in order to operate a vehicle.
Requirements: Understand and follow oral and written instructions. The tools, equipment, materials, and methods used in park maintenance. The methods involved in routine plumbing, carpentry, and concrete construction work. The methods involved in construction of turf areas. Continuously stand and walk during the shift
Work Conditions May Include:
· Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
· Must be able to work in all weather conditions, both day and night.
· Some exposure to hazardous chemicals/fuels
· High noise level exposure is frequent
· Frequent changes in tasks
· Irregular work hours and schedule
Qualifications: Completion of a high school diploma or the equivalent with an additional one year of experience in grounds keeping or maintenance work; or any combination of relevant education and experience that meets the abilities and requirements in the following sections.
*A Valid Driver’s License is Required*