Responsible for: Front of the house and back of the house coordinator
Job Summary: Responsible for all kitchen functions including ordering, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, sanitation and cleanliness, training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion, cost control, and sanitation and cleanliness.
Our Mission: We provide the highest quality of fun, food, attractions and service to all our guests and that is determined by having quality people in place like yourself and fellow team members. We believe that the small details will have a BIG impact!
Activities and Responsibilities:
· Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Expedition Café.
· Ensure the prompt and efficient service is carried out in the Café
· Look after all the basic requirements of the Café like cleanliness, security, safety, and maintenance.
· Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that team members follow standards and regulations.
· Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, equipment and food storage areas.
· Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the Café recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
· Ensure that the restaurant is clean and stocked with the stipulated requirements
· Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
· Check inventory and communicate with vendors for weekly orders for supplies and/or food. Manage waste of food and supplies, through digital and manual checks.
· Instruct kitchen members in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, or presentation of food.
· Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
· Oversee the continuous training of kitchen team members on kitchen equipment, utensils, cleanliness, sanitation practices, first-aid, CPR, proper lifting and carrying techniques, and handling hazardous materials.
· Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the Café preventative maintenance programs.
Lead Café team by attracting, recruiting and training talented personnel.
· Provide orientation of company and department policies and procedures to new kitchen team members.
· Oversee and ensure that Café policies on team member performance are followed and completed in a timely manner.
· Supervise and coordinate activities of kitchen team members engaged in food preparation, cooking, garnishing, service and presentation.
Create and manage weekly schedules
· Assist F&B Director with hiring and termination decisions including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
· Effectively communicate with vendors and team members.
· Identify guests needs and respond proactively to questions and concerns.
· Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, or accommodations.
· Train kitchen team members on acceptable presentation.
· Prepare all required paperwork, including forms and reports in an organized and timely manner.
· Attend meetings as required.
Must be comfortable working indoors and outdoors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to handle, reach with hands and arms climb or balance stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk or listen. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
At least I year experience in a similar capacity. Able to communicate effectively with F & B Director, kitchen personnel, and guests. Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds. Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
Tools & Technology:
o Cash Registers
o Point of sale terminals and work stations
o Calendar and scheduling software
o Checklist software
o Electronic mail software (Microsoft Outlook)
o Office suite software (Microsoft Office)
o Spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel)
o General knowledge in QuickBooks