The Tour Guide: Climbing Wall Attendant serves a vital role in day-to-day operations of Adventure Park. Climbing Wall Attendants supervise the daily climbing wall activities to provide a safe and friendly climbing environment for patrons to enjoy the benefits of our indoor Clip ‘N Climb and outdoor climbing attractions.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Enforces all climbing attraction safety policies and procedures.
- Inspects visually the equipment and facility during opening and closing of wall and report any problems immediately to management.
- Completes rope checks and provides supervision of climbing wall participants to include belaying and spotting climbers.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings with a positive attitude.
- Handles all emergency situations in accordance with Adventure Park policy.
- Provides assistance to climbers by: determining the eligibility of individuals to use the climbing wall, teaching/demonstrating proper use of climbing equipment (harnesses, belay devices, shows, etc.).
- Maintaining accurate and current records equipment inventory and accurately completes all forms and checklists.
- Must be outgoing, energetic, and sociable with guests and family groups.
- Must pass a background check and drug test to be eligible for employment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic customer service techniques.
- Knowledge of indoor/outdoor rock climbing including climbing technique, belaying technique, rock climbing safety equipment.
- Effective with written and verbal communications.
- Ability to work at heights of up to 50 feet.
- Maintains an organized and neat work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.